Established in January 2015, the Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance (UNREEEA) was formed by the renewable energy and energy efficiency (RE&EE) private sector associations in order to consolidate their position and leadership role within the sector. With a composition of the Biomass Energy Efficient Technologies Association (BEETA), the Uganda National Biogas Alliance (UNBA), the Hydropower Association of Uganda (HPAU), the Energy Efficiency Association of Uganda (EEAU) and Uganda National Renewable Energy Association (UNREA), the Alliance has a vision of being the lead alliance in the RE&EE sector of Uganda and East Africa, partnering with the government, sister associations and other sector stakeholders.
The Office Manager will be based at the Secretariat where he/she will actively participate in planning, implementing and coordinating activities aimed at growth and stability of the Alliance. Additionally, he/she will travel within East-Africa to participate in regional activities with the objective of promoting and disseminating information/knowledge.
Description of duties:
1. Actively contribute to planning and implementation of activities pertaining to the Alliance.
2. Support the development of the technical aspects of the annual Alliance work plans including activity budgeting.
3. Keep the accounts and report to funding institutions.
4. Actively work towards achievement of the Alliance’s goals.
5. Because the Alliance consists of associations, she/he will support all operational activities of the associations.
6. Identify and participate in fundraising events aimed at supporting activities of the alliance.
7. Carry out awareness raising activities at the local, national and regional level.
8. Organize and participate in national and regional training workshops, seminars and conferences.
9. Provide support in liaising with local and regional partners as well as stakeholders within the RE sector to strengthen partner relationships.
10. Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Board Members.
Required Skills and Experience:
Sustainable development, energy, environment, anthropology/sociology or related field
1. A minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
2. Broad knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficient issues.
3. Previous experience within the RE sub-sector.
1. Effective communication, coordination and organizational skills
2. Proficient in planning, managing finances and budgets
3. Excellent writing skills
4. Building and promoting partnerships
5. Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential).
6. Ability to work in a team.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
How to apply:
This position is open to Ugandan nationals only.
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an application letter and CV to the following email: email@example.com
or drop them off at:
Mukwasi House, Plot 23A,
Lumumba Avenue, 3rd Floor,
P.O BOX 2607,
Room W3.2, Nakasero,
Deadline: 20th January 2016.