To support the mitigation process, regional business associations in the Ugandan biogas sector have formed the Founded in April 2014 and registered in November of the same year, it now serves as the of the , aiming to unite and support all stakeholders and the existing regional associations in the biogas sector.
As of now, these are:
- Eastern Ugandan Biogas Association (EUBA),
- Western Ugandan Biogas Association (WUBA),
- Interregional Biogas Association (IRBA),
- Ugandan Biogas Association (UBA).
Furthermore, UNBA is open to Independent Members as stipulated in its constitution. Supported by its partner GIZ, UNBA is also is in the course of the process to establish a regional association in the North of Uganda. Stakeholders from that region (approximately North of a line Pakwach/Karuma/Lira/Moroto) are cordially invited to take part in that process, to contribute their input and to become a member of that new association.
If you are interested and would like more information please contact us via email.
UNBA aims to of the national biogas sector.
to UNBA is open and as well as , and throughout Uganda which feel bound to one or more of the following objectives or have one or more of the following objectives formulated in their respective constitutions:
- development and/or promotion of
- in Uganda
- in the fields of planning; constructing/building; service & maintenance; after sales services; dealers, wholesalers, importers, producers of building materials for biogas installations or appliances.
- etc. in the fields of biogas, renewable energies, energy saving and energy efficiency.
- for biogas, renewable energies, energy saving and energy efficiency
- or of biogas plants
- of building materials for biogas installations or appliances.
Members can obtain , , or membership according to their type of body and will have to contribute a one-time registration fee as well as an annual membership fee.
For more information about a membership with UNBA or one of our regional member associations you can contact us here.
- Find an overview of types and fees here.
- View the complete constitution of UNBA here. (file size: 8 MB)
- Download the form here.
, the Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance, host of this website, which aims to bring together all renewable energy and energy efficiency associations to one common platform and to align and interchange with the renewable energy sector of the East African Community.