Objectives and Aims
- Establishment of permanent working relationships with government departments, civil organisations, development partners as well as all other stakeholders in the Energy industry.
- Strengthening of capacity building initiatives for member companies, institutions and individuals through a number of activities aimed at disseminating knowledge and increasing skills.
- Initiation of private sector led renewable energy projects to supply power to the off-grid communities of Uganda.
- Up-grade of the private sector led approach in the development and improvement of RET’s in Uganda.
- Aggressive lobbying for consumer protection, adherence to quality and enforcement of standards in as far as the renewable energy sector is concerned.
- Initiation, operation and management of a revolving fund for development, promotion and investment in RET’s to achieve off-grid rural electrification in greater Uganda.