CALL FOR INTERNS
INTERNSHIP - SOCIAL MEDIA DESIGNER
Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance (UNREEEA)
Title: Social Media Designer
Department: Communications Department
Reporting Line: Marketing and Communications
Duration: 3-6 Months
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance (UNREEEA) is a non-profit, non-partisan umbrella organisation of business associations and actors in the renewable energy and energy efficiency subsector.
As an apex organisation, UNREEEA advocates for a conducive environment for private sector involvement in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency to sustain its growth and development.
A Social Media Designer crafts high-quality graphic content and posts it on all the company’s social media profiles and other communication channels such as Newsletters. Their job is to employ their graphic design and social media prowess to create compelling posts that drive traffic and boost public engagement with the organization.
They also need to possess extensive marketing knowledge to be able to come up with the most appropriate content for a specific target audience.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and create materials for digital and social media posts.
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various company department members, including advertising, product development, and brand management
- Provides guidance to social media and marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies
- Reports progress to senior marketing management
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Researches and monitors activity of company competitors
- Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages
- Any other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fresh Graduate or Final Academic Year student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Digital Marketing or related field from a recognised institution.
- Must keep up with new and updated computer graphics and design software, either on their own or through formal software training programmes
Personal attributes and abilities:
- Analytical skills: Looks at work from the point of view of the clients and examines how the designs will be perceived by the client to ensure they convey the company’s desired message.
- Artistic ability: Creates designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients. Should be able to produce rough illustrations of design ideas, either by hand sketching or by using a computer programme.
- Communication skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills: understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques, ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience, and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Computer skills: Uses specialized graphic design software to prepare designs.
- Creativity: Thinks of new approaches to communicating ideas to consumers. Able to develop unique designs that convey a recognisable meaning on behalf of the company.
- Time-management skills: Work on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different deadline.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions, follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for the departmental success.
- Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments
- Professionalism: Maintains professionalism in all correspondence while being empathetic and personable.
Meaningful work – UNREEEA connects potential with opportunities paving way for its employees to brighter futures in the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency space
Great Team – You will interact with leading experts in clean energy technologies and related professions to further grow work experience and knowledge and understanding of the energy sector.
Hours and compensation – This is a vital role in UNREEEA and therefore successful candidates will be compensated for their time and efforts input whilst carrying out the above mentioned roles and responsibilities
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates should send their applications to email@example.com with relevant academic documents, certificates and CVs attached.