The Energy Efficiency Association of Uganda (EEAU) is a nonprofit making, non-partisan body, whose primary aim is to promote networking, understanding, knowledge and action among different stake holders working towards promotion of efficient use of energy in Uganda.
To be a leading institution of international repute in promotion and provision of Energy Efficiency Services.
To foster provision of quality energy efficiency services, enhance research, innovation and knowledge transfer in the science and practice of Energy efficiency.
By 2020, EEAU should be an accredited entity to certify Energy Efficiency Professionals in the country.
Other core values of the Association include:-
- Promotion of technological advancements in energy efficiency in meeting policy framework that provides Government’s vision for increased and improved modern energy supply for sustainable economic development as well as improving the quality of life of the Ugandan population.
- Providing information about current energy consumption, management practices and measures applicable and information on costs and savings that can inform policy makers in deriving sustainable Energy use.
- Provide Energy Audit results from the services of the association that can be used as a basis for institution improvements and drivers for implementation of Energy Efficiency initiatives.
- Providing guidance to Energy efficiency programs that seek to identify conservation opportunities preliminary to the development of an energy savings programs.
- Advocate and provide advice for the development, management, enforcement of and compliance with appropriate standards, codes of practice, regulations and policies that promote energy efficiency in the country.
- Mobilize resources to ensure sustainability of EEAU.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and collaborative arrangements at both National and International levels that support effective implementation of EEAU strategic plan.
- Establish a system for knowledge management & dissemination of appropriate information on available energy efficient technologies and new developments.
- Strengthen human resource and improve the organizational, operational and conceptual capacities of its members for improved service delivery.