Innovate UK Edge in collaboration with Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance (UNREEEA) and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD) invites you to register for the upcoming Half-Day Forum scheduled for Wednesday 7th December 2022 at SKYZ Hotel – Naguru, Kampala starting at 8:30 AM till 2:00 PM.
The Energy Catalyst Forum is part of the Energy catalyst brokerage visit to Uganda, aiming at facilitating partnerships between UK-based companies and Ugandan companies interested in applying for future Energy Catalyst funding.
Details about the Programme:
Innovate UK EDGE is a key part of the UK innovation agency’s deep investment in the pioneering businesses that drive economic growth. It is a publicly-funded service available to all high-potential small to medium-sized innovation-driven companies.
Innovate UK in partnership with Innovate UK Edge and the KTN will be bringing 12 ambitious UK-based businesses/companies on an international brokerage visit to meet energy companies in Uganda that may have interest in applying for future Energy Catalyst funding and also exploit this great opportunity for both the UK and Uganda to collaborate and apply for funding to help develop projects that are a real focus for Uganda.
More benefits of this visit include are;
- Explore energy access opportunities in Uganda
- A better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Uganda
- Improve our knowledge of the Energy Catalyst programme and the opportunities available
- Find potential innovation collaborators and partners
The brokerage visit will focus on but not limited to:
- Next-generation solar technologies and business models
- Smart green grids, including mini and main grid-related technologies
- Energy storage, including batteries and mechanical storage
- Low carbon hydrogen
- Modern cooking
- Low energy-inclusive appliance
- Sustainable cooling
- Targeting poor or marginalized groups or fragile contexts
Kindly register to express your interest to attend the Forum. A confirmation email will be sent to your email.