Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance (UNREEEA) is an Alliance of Renewable Energy Associations in Biogas, Solar, Biomass, Wind, Hydro Power and Energy Efficiency that promotes the adoption of RE solutions and lobbies for conducive environment for private sector players.
USAID-ICYD and UNREEEA, Youth Skilling and Community Empowerment through Renewable Energy Technology Projects will support youth development through skills and capacity building for employment opportunities. The project will cover 73 districts across Uganda for a period of 36 months.
- Children and Youth have improved learning outcomes
- Children and Youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environment
- Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships
ICYD seeks to collaborate with the private sector and other actors to advance these objectives. ICYD partner Resonance leads the private sector engagement and strategic partnership development.
Expected outcomes will include training and skilling:
- 2,500 solar technicians, sellers and marketers
- 1,500 cook stove manufacturers, sellers and marketers
- 250 briquette manufacturers
- 1,000 biogas digester artisans and masons
The partnership aims to empower youth and community members, 1500 households in 73
districts/regions, by increasing the food production and economic resilience of the beneficiary communities.
Beneficiaries of this partnership are schools, health centers, and clinics in the communities caring for OVCs and communities’ structures as identified.