UNREEEA is a non for profit organization that was incorporated 2015 as result of the private sector players in the various renewable energy and energy efficiency sub- sectors signing a memorandum of understanding to come under one umbrella body. The primary role of the Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance (UNREEEA) is to avail a platform for consolidating the renewable energy and energy efficiency private sector wing as well as improving its business environment.
The Alliance as an umbrella organization currently brings together a network of five member associations under which the various companies and enterprises are subscribe respectively and they include:
- Biomass Energy Efficient Technologies Association (BEETA)
- Uganda National Biogas Alliance (UNBA)
- Hydropower Association of Uganda (HPAU)
- Uganda Solar Energy Association (USEA)
- Energy Efficiency Association of Uganda (EEAU/Energy Auditors)
- Wind Power Association of Uganda (WPAU)
UNREEEA has a secretariat which is the operations arm of the alliance charged with implementation of most of the activities under the network.
Organizational Structure of the UNREEEA’s Network